TWAS March 1


Hello Everyone,

I hope you've had a good week!  

Thank you so much to the families who have signed up to be swimming volunteers; we're covered and good to go!

March 7th is literacy night:  6:00 - 7:00

It seems like we've fit so much into this short week; enjoy the quotes and for more information I have put short summaries below. 

“This week at school we have been learning about Ted Harrison. He was a famous artist who painted pictures of the arctic.”  N.K.

“In buddies we made pink shirts. In art we drew about the arctic circle.”  D.T.

“In science we did boats and buoyancy with clay.  It was so cool!” H. S.

“In gym we did jump roping.  I loved it.  People kept on getting hit in the head!”  K.B.

“In science we tried to make tin foil sink.  It was kind of hard.”  C. D.

“I had lots of fun skipping in gym.”  C. C.

“In gym we did skipping. We hopped on two feet and we also tried to jump on one foot.” R. K.

“In buddies we did pink shirt day art.  Mine had hearts on the side and one big peace sign in the middle.”  H.H.

“We did science.  We tried to make tinfoil sink in water.  I made mine a tiny little crumb and then I put it in and then it sunk.”  D. B.

“At gym we did skipping and at art we did painting.  In Language we did two different books.”  K.D.

“In science we tried to make plasticine float and tin foil sink. It worked out pretty good.  I made the plasticine into a nice bowl and I made a little hole in my tinfoil.”  K.C.

“At school I did gym.  In gym we learned how to skip rope.  It was really fun!”  E. P.

“In math we did our drills.  I did good.  When I graphed on my – I got a lot already! I nominated one of my classmates for the Circle of Courage because she creates belonging in our classroom.”  L. L.

“In science we did buoyancy.  We tried to make a piece of tin foil sink. I tried making a little ball with a wing on top so when I spun it it would push itself down to the bottom.  When it got to the bottom it let water in and it stayed there.”  C. T.

“In gym we did skipping.  I love skipping but I jumped over two ropes and my leg twisted.”  K.M.

“This week we did science. We made boats out of plasticine. It was fun.  I did really well.” C. L. 

“I found out about my new words.  W with o makes ‘ow’ the same with u and o too!!”

Language Arts:  Internal/external conflicts in story/ using memory, fact and imagination to develop story ideas.  Using editing charts to help with writing.  Pulling and documenting information from non-fiction texts. 

Math: 2 digit addition/subtraction.  Mental math practice.  Geometry.

Science: Boats and Buoyancy. Water displacement/floating and sinking.  Science review of topics to date (Jeopardy).

Socials: Ted Harrison art/sunlight festival/arctic landscape and climate/permafrost

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Mrs. McArthur

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TWAS May 3

TWAS Sept. 28

Happy Summer!!